ALL WEST AUSTRALIAN CUSTOMERS MUST HOLD AN INDUSTRIAL POSIONS PERMIT TO BUY PICKLING PRODUCTS CONTAINING HYDROFLUORIC ACID UNDER THE MEDICINES AND POISONS ACT 2014.
The BlueOne™ Pickling Paste 130 is another unique patented, safer-to-use pickling paste which reduces toxic nitric fumes by 80%. Avesta BlueOne™ Pickling Paste 130 is universally, suitable for brush pickling of welds and smaller surfaces on all stainless steel grades.
It restores damaged stainless steel surfaces such as weld seams, by removing weld oxides, the underlying chromium-depleted layer and other defects that may cause local corrosion. Other features include an improved pickling result, offering a brighter surface with less discolouration than classic products, a higher yield and decreased consumption, thanks to the visible blue colour and its free-flowing consistency which facilitates application. The paste is easy to apply and highly visible.
Safety Precautions for Using Pickling Products – by Avesta
Pickling products are hazardous substances and must be handled with care. Certain rules must be followed to ensure that the working environment is good and safe:
- Pickling chemicals must only be handled by persons with a sound knowledge of the health hazards associated with such chemicals. This means that the material safety data sheet (SDS) and the product label must be thoroughly studied before the chemicals are used.
- Eating, smoking and drinking must be forbidden in the pickling area.
- Employees handling pickling chemicals must wash their hands and faces before eating and after finishing work.
- All parts of the skin that are exposed to splashing must be protected by an acid-resistant material such as polyethylene (PE), polypropylene (PP) or polyvinyl chloride (PVC). This means that employees handling pickling chemicals (including during rinsing) must wear protective clothing as stipulated in the SDS for the product in question.
- The pickling area must be ventilated.
- To avoid unnecessary evaporation, the containers/jars must be kept closed.
- To minimise the environmental impact, all pickling residues must be neutralised and all heavy metals separated from the process water and sent to a waste treatment plant.