ALL WEST AUSTRALIAN CUSTOMERS MUST HOLD AN INDUSTRIAL POSIONS PERMIT TO BUY PICKLING PRODUCTS CONTAINING HYDROFLUORIC ACID UNDER THE MEDICINES AND POISONS ACT 2014.
Avesta RedOne™ Pickling Spray 240 is universal and suitable for spray pickling larger surfaces of all stainless steel grades. High alloyed steels and duplex steels may need more than one treatment. The Avesta RedOne™ Pickling Spray 240 is a low fuming pickling spray which reduces the toxic nitric fumes by 50%. It restores stainless steel surfaces that have been damaged during fabrication operations such as welding, forming, cutting and blasting. It removes weld oxides, the underlying chromium-depleted layer and other defects that may cause local corrosion.
Safety Precautions for Using Pickling Products – by Avesta
Pickling products are hazardous substances and must be handled with care. Certain rules must be followed to ensure that the working environment is good and safe:
- Pickling chemicals must only be handled by persons with a sound knowledge of the health hazards associated with such chemicals. This means that the material safety data sheet (SDS) and the product label must be thoroughly studied before the chemicals are used.
- Eating, smoking and drinking must be forbidden in the pickling area.
- Employees handling pickling chemicals must wash their hands and faces before eating and after finishing work.
- All parts of the skin that are exposed to splashing must be protected by an acid-resistant material such as polyethylene (PE), polypropylene (PP) or polyvinyl chloride (PVC). This means that employees handling pickling chemicals (including during rinsing) must wear protective clothing as stipulated in the SDS for the product in question.
- The pickling area must be ventilated.
- To avoid unnecessary evaporation, the containers/jars must be kept closed.
- To minimise the environmental impact, all pickling residues must be neutralised and all heavy metals separated from the process water and sent to a waste treatment plant.